Recipe: iniature Easter Candy Bars
- 1 lb Confectioners sugar
- 2/3 c Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 1/2 ts Almond extract
- 12 oz Semisweet chocolate pieces
- 12 oz Butterscotch flavored pieces
- 1 lb Chopped Spanish peanuts
- Combine confectioners sugar, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, using hands to knead. Roll mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to form 13×9 rectangle.
- Chill in refrigerator. Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butterscotch pieces in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Stir in peanuts. Spread one half of chocolate mixture in buttered 13x9x2 baking pan. Carefully place fondant layer on top. Spread remaining chocolate mixture on top. Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)