Recipe: Mocha Fudge Pie
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules divided
- 19-7/8 ounces light fudge brownie mix (1/2 box) (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 2 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur divided
- 3-7/8 ounces chocolate instant pudding-and-pie filling mix, (1 package)
- 3 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed and divided
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- Combine hot water and 2 teaspoons coffee granules in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Add brownie mix, teaspoon vanilla, and egg whites; stir until well blended. Pour mixture into a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 22 minutes. Let crust cool completely.
- Combine milk, 2 tablespoons Kahlua, 1 teaspoon coffee granules, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, and pudding mix in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer 1 minute. Gently fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread pudding mixture evenly over brownie crust.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon Kahlua and remaining 1 teaspoon coffee granules in a bowl; stir well. Gently fold in remaining 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over pudding mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)