Recipe: Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes
- Six petite pumpkins, each about three to four inches in diameter
- Four russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger to taste
- Parmesan cheese and parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Cut top off each pumpkin and roast, flesh side down, in preheated oven 15 to 25 minutes, until tender but not mushy. Separate an d remove flesh and seeds from pumpkins.
- Add pumpkin flesh to cooked potatoes. Slowly add milk with butter to the potato and pumpkin mixture and mix gently t ogether with food processor on slow speed. Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer. Season to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg a nd ginger.
- Using star tip on decorating bag, pipe mashed potatoes into pumpkins. Sprinkle Parmesan over each pumpkin and broil until golden brown. Garnish with parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)