Recipe: Shredded Brussels Sprouts Sautéed in Cream
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) non -salted butter
- 3 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- Three cartons (10 ounces each) fresh Brussels sprouts, very coarsely shredded (see note)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- White pepper
- ½ cup whipping cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add shredded Brussels sprouts and salt and toss well. Cook, stirring freq uently, until sprouts are wilted, about three to five minutes. S
- eason with nutmeg and pepper.
- Add cream and toss well to coat; cook two minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)