Recipe: Veal A La Madelon
- 1 Clove garlic, -peeled and crushed
- 1/4 c Flour
- 1 t Salt
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 3 T Vegetable oil
- 2 lb Boneless veal, cut into -bite-sized pieces 2 (1-inch strips) lemon peel
- 1 c Boiling water
- 1/2 t Sage Few grains cayenne pepper
- 1 c Heavy cream
- 2 T Finely chopped parsley
- In a heat-resistant, non-metallic 10-inch skillet, heat 3 table-spoons oil on top of a conventional surface unit.
- While oil is heating, combine flour, salt and pepper in a paper or plastic bag.
- Coat veal pieces with seasoned flour.
- Add crushed garlic to hot oil.
- Brown coated veal pieces in hot oil.
- When veal pieces are browned, add boiling water, lemon peel, sage and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 15 minutes or until veal is tender.
- Remove lemon peel and stir cream into veal mixture gradually.
- Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven, an additional 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)