Recipe: Baked Possum
- 1 large possum, skinned, dressed, and washed
- 1 quart beer
- 4 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 oz. whiskey
- Mix the beer, whiskey, salt, Tabasco sauce, and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Place possum in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle the celery, onions, and the garlic all over the possum.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the possum as well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350F. Place the sweet potatoes around the possum.
- Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours. Baste once or twice with the marinade from the pan as the possum cooks.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)