Recipe: Barbecued Beef Brisket
- 1 beef brisket — (4-5 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle beef with celery salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Place in a shallow dish. Pour liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over meat.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate overnight, turning once. Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 4 hours or until tender. (Time varies depending on oven and meat.)
- Pour off liquid, reserving 1/2 cup. Combine barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup liquid, stirring well.
- Pour sauce over beef. Bake uncovered, an additional 30 minutes. To serve,
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)