Recipe: Bass with Avocado Sauce
- 1 small ripe avocado coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 16 ounces bass fillets
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs fine
- vegetable cooking spray
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Set mixture aside. Combine lemon juice and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, and dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees F for 7 minutes; turn fillets over, and bake an additional 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to a serving platter, and top with avocado sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)