Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Strips
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced−fat mayonnaise
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Chicken Strips and Celery Sticks:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into
- 1/4−inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s original hot sauce
- 5 celery stalks, cut into 3−inch sticks
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise and blue cheese.
- Stir in the scallions and pepper and set aside while preparing the chicken. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat the oil in a large, preferably nonstick skillet. Season the chicken with the salt.
- Cook the chicken over medium−high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add the butter and hot sauce to the pan and swirl until the butter barely melts and the sauce coats the chicken.
- Serve the chicken and celery sticks along with the blue cheese dip.
- Provide toothpicks for spearing the chicken and dipping it in the sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)