Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced low fat boiled ham
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- salt/pepper to taste
- 8 oz. plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup crushed seasoned bread crumbs
- Combine ham, Swiss cheese, garlic, wine, salt and pepper in a bowl to make a filling.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut a slit in the side of each breast to form a pocket. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of filling.
- Press to close or secure with wooden picks. In a flat dish, combine yogurt and milk.
- Dip each breast in yogurt mixture; turn to coat well. Roll in bread crumbs and place in well−greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until done. Serve with pasta and zucchini.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)