Recipe: Chicken Curry
- Stew 1 chicken. Cool and debone.
- 4 onions, chopped
- 6 ribs celery, sliced
- Chicken pieces
- Sprinkle on top:
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 2-4 tablespoon curry powder
- Add, as desired:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cayenne, to taste
- Plum or currant jelly
- 1-2 dried red peppers
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- Add 2 cups chicken broth. Simmer 45 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before serving, add 1/4 cup lemon juice. Serve over rice.
- At the table, pass any of the following to spoon on top of curry. I use as many as I have on hand. Shredded coconut Sliced apples Canned onion rings Halved grapes Hard-boiled egg
- Sliced mango Pineapple chunks Diced banana Chopped pecans Salted peanuts Major Grey’s chutney Chinese pickled ginger
- Do not use with silver spoon! Variation: Substitute 2 pounds cleaned shrimp for chicken. Use 1 can chicken broth and 1 broth can of milk for liquid. Add 1 can coconut milk.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)