Recipe: Chicken Jo
- Mix together: 2 cans mushrooms, drained,
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, and
- 1/4 cup milk Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- This comes from Florida and Dick’s cousin Jo. It’s been a popular Knight recipe for the past 30 years. I served it once to Mrs. Dewees who was known for her finicky appetite. She went back for thirds. Poor old thing, I bet she was uncomfortable for the next week. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Flour, salt, and pepper 1 chicken, cut up, or 4-6 split breasts. Place bony-side up in casserole dish. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees. Sprinkle with parsley (and a little paprika). Bake 15-20 minutes more. Serve over rice
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)