Recipe: Chicken With Red Devil Rub And Diablo Sauce
- 2 chickens, each cut into 10 pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 t parprika
- 2 t. each: curry powder, chili powder, salt, black pepper
- 1 t. red pepper
- Diablo Sauce:
- 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBLSPNS. balsamic vinegar
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t. hot pepper sauce
- Place chicken on baking sheet. Stir together honey and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl, brush all over the chicken. In another bowl mix together paprika, curry powder, chili powder, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over all sides of the chicken. Cover the chicken tightly with plastic wrap, refrigerate 2 hrs. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken in 2 large roasting pans.
- Roast 35 min. until well browned. Prepare the sauce: Combine roasted red peppers, olive oil, vinegar, salt and hot pepper sauce in blender. Puree. Arrange chicken on serving platter. Pour sauce into bowl and serve on the side. Makes 12 servings.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)