Recipe: Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 6 Chicken breasts 1/2 c Onion, chopped
- 1/2 c Celery, chopped 3 tablespoons of Butter
- 3 tablespoons of White wine, dry 7 1/2 oz Crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 c Herb stuffing mix 2 tablespoons of All-purpose flour
- 1/2 t Paprika 1 pk Hollandaise sauce mix
- 3/4 c Milk 2 tablespoons of White wine, dry
- 1/2 c Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Skin & bone chicken breasts; pound to flatten. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook onion and celery in 3 tablespoons of butter until tender. Remove from heat; add 3 tablespoons of wine, the crab and stuffing mix, and toss. Divide mixture among breasts. Roll up and secure.
- Combine flour, paprika. Coat chicken. Place in 11″ X 7″ X 2″ baking dish , drizzle with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Transfer to platter. Blend hollandaise sauce mix, milk. Cook, stirring, until thick. Add remaining wine and cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Serve over chicken.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)