Recipe: Crockpot Tostada
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 cup fresh or canned salsa 1 (6−oz) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10−oz) pkg. frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheese
- 4 pita rounds, halved, toasted
- Combine turkey, eggplant, salsa, tomato paste, parsley, chili powder, cumin, oregano and corn in slow−cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours. Stir with a fork to break up large chunks of turkey.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup cooked turkey mixture on each pita half. Top with yogurt, lettuce, olives and cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)