Recipe: Fabulous Enchiladas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 can water
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 lb shredded cheddar
- Brown beef; drain. Add soup, enchilada sauce, water and chilies; simmer over low heat while preparing tortillas. Heat some oil in a skillet.
- Heat tortillas one at a time for a few seconds until limp. If oil is hot, put tortilla in, flip it over, and take it out. Drain on paper towels.
- Place 1 cup sauce in 9×13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Place about 1/4 cup cheese on each tortilla, roll up, arrange on sauce in pan.
- Top with remaining sauce, making sure to cover all of tortillas. (Any tortilla left exposed will get hard in oven) Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Serves 4-6
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)