Recipe: Grilled Halibut With Oriental Sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley or 1 Tbsp dried parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 6−oz. halibut steaks, cleaned
- 1 cup Apple Wood chips
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, pepper and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush the mixture evenly on the steaks, refrigerate. Brush the grill lightly with oil. Light the coals or gas grill.
- Soak the apple wood chips in water for about 45 minutes. When the coals turn white add the wood chips.
- When the chips start to smoke place the steaks on the grill rack and cook turning once, about 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the steaks flake when tested with a fork.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)