Recipe: Maple-Glazed Ham
- 1 (8-ounce) slice lean cooked ham (about 1/4 inch thick).
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Cooking Spray.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar.
- Cut ham slice into 3 pieces; sprinkle with pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add ham to pan, and cook 3 minutes ON EACH SIDE. Transfer ham to a serving platter, and keep warm. Combine maple syrup, mustard, and vinegar in pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Spoon glaze over ham.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)