Recipe: Quick Hamburger Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped onion,
- 1 lb. canned or frozen green beans
- 1 can tomato soup salt and pepper
- Brown meat and onion and season to taste. Drain off fat. Mix meat, beans and soup in 1 1/2 qt. casserole. sprinkle top with cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. This casserole is quick, tasty, nourishing and easy on the budget. Very good with hot biscuits and a tossed salad.
- I will sometimes vary the vegetable to corn, carrots or mixed vegetables just for variety.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)