Recipe: Rabbit In Tarragon Sauce
- 2 rabbits, cut into serving pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Season rabbit with salt and pepper.
- Place olive oil in skillet and brown rabbit. Remove meat and drain on paper towel.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet. Saute 5 minutes. Stir in enough flour to make a paste. Blend in broth, sherry and tarragon. Return rabbit to skillet.
- Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Baste meat frequently for 45−60 minutes.
- Remove rabbit to serving platter and keep warm in oven. Strain and degrease sauce, discarding vegetables. Return remaining sauce to skillet and add cream. Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add mustard and parsley. Pour sauce over rabbit and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)