Recipe: Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- 1 box chicken stuffing (regular size, not the large), made to box directions
- 1 tube of breakfast pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 extra large green bell peppers, seeded, halved, drained
- Grated cheddar cheese Make stuffing. Brown and drain sausage. Drain corn. Combine these three ingredients. Parboil green pepper halves until they are tender
- but still crisp enough to hold shape. Stuff them with the meat mixture. Place them in a large baking pan and add about 2 T. of water to the pan. Bake 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Remove, sprinkle them with the cheddar cheese, and return to the oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts. These reheat in a casserole or in a microwave.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)