Recipe: Savory Chicken And Rice
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 1 cup baby-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (4.1-ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix with chicken and herbs
- Remove fat from chicken. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and simmer about 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and liquid is absorbed.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)