Recipe: Scotched Pheasant
- 1 pheasant
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon or other not−bright−yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup scotch (wine will do if you don’t have scotch)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Fillet the pheasant breast and cut off the legs (skinned).
- Cover all four pieces in the mustard and brown them in olive oil in a pan. Sprinkle the meat with the rosemary and add the scotch and the chicken broth.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 7 to 8 minutes, then uncover. The breast pieces should be done.
- Remove them and let the legs cook until the sauce thickens.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)