Recipe: Sven’s Mexican Spaghetti
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tomato sauce cans water
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Jalapeño pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- Cook ground beef and onion in large sauce pan until beef is brown; drain excess fat. Add tomato sauce, water, jalapeño pepper (if desired), and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; simmer on low for 5-7 minutes.
- Add spaghetti depending on thickness desired (start with 6-8 oz.). Bring to a boil; turn heat to low until spaghetti is done (15-20 minutes), stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes and place individual servings on plate and top with shredded cheddar to taste.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)