Recipe: Tuna Pate
- 10 oz Canned white albacore tuna,
- -packed in oil, drained
- 1 c Butter, softened
- 2 To 3 drops lemon juice
- 2 To 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 10 md Shrimp, cooked, shelled and -minced
- 3 tb Coarsely chopped pimiento
- 2 tb Drained tiny capers
- An inspired and inexpensive seafood hors d’oeuvre. salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Combine tuna, butter, lemon juice and Tabasco in a food processor or blender, process until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add shrimp, pimiento and capers, mix well. Season with salt and pepper, taste and adjust seasoning (pate must be highly seasoned). Pack into a well-oiled 3-cup loaf pan or mold, chill 24 hours. To serve, let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, unmold on a plate.
- Garnish with parsley or watercress sprigs and sliced stuffed olives. Serve with buttered toast rounds.
- Do not substitute water-packed tuna 10 servings
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)