Recipe: Venison Sirloin
- 3 pieces of 2 oz. venison medallions
- 1 oz. clarified butter or oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 teas. chopped parsley
- 1 teas. chopped thyme
- 1 teas. chopped tarragon
- 4 oz. sliced wild mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. grained mustard
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. cognac
- flour for dusting
- salt & pepper to taste
- In hot pan add butter. Dredge medallions in flour. Saute quickly.
- Take out of pan and add shallots and herbs. Saute. Add mushrooms and flambe with cognac.
- Add heavy cream and reduce until desired thickness. Wisk in mustard.
- Add seasonings and medallions. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)