Recipe: Crab Imperial
- 1 lb. Crab meat, cooked (imitation can be used)
- 1/2 cup pimento, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 2 slices bread, low cal, crustless
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- dash of Worchestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Combine the crab meat, pimento, and celery in a mixing bowl.
- Crumble the slices of bread and add to the mixture. Gently add the egg white, yogurt, Worchestershire sauce, cayenne, mustard, salt, and lemon juice.
- Place in a sprayed casserole dish. Top with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Bake at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)