Recipe: French Squirrel Fricassee
- 2 squirrels
- 2 large tablespoonfuls of dripping
- 1 cup of tomato−sauce
- some celery seed and chopped parsley
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1/2 glass of sherry wine
- Cut the squirrels into pieces at the joints; sprinkle well with salt; let lay one hour; then sprinkle with pepper and lemon−juice.
- Put 2 large tablespoonfuls of dripping in a pan; when hot, lay in a squirrel with 1 sliced onion; cover and let brown.
- Then add 1 cup of tomato−sauce, some celery seed and chopped parsley and 1 cup of hot water.
- Let simmer until tender. Add 1/2 glass of sherry wine. Let get very hot and serve with French peas.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: French