Recipe: French Stewed Rabbits
- 2 tablespoonfuls of drippings
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced fine
- 1 bay−leaf
- 2 sprigs of parsley and thyme
- a glass of claret
- Skin and clean the rabbits; cut into pieces at the joints; season well.
- Heat 2 tablespoonfuls of drippings in a stew−pan; add the rabbits, 1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic sliced fine, 1 bay−leaf, 2 sprigs of parsley and thyme.
- Let all brown a few minutes; then add 1 cup of hot water and cook slowly until tender.
- Thicken the sauce with flour and butter; add a glass of claret; boil up and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: French