Recipe: Fried Cabbage
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 teaspoon of hot red pepper (optional)
- Salt and Black Pepper to t aste
- Grease or vegetable oil for frying
- Heat a small amount (1/8” more or less) of grease or oil in a cast iron skillet. Pour the cabbage into the skillet and fry stirring constantly until the cabbage is shiny.
- Lower the heat and add the hot red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Continue cooking until the cabbage is tender.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)