Recipe: Louisiana Shrimp Esplanade
- 24 large fresh shrimp
- 12 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon puréed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces beer
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- Wash shrimp and leave in the shell. Melt butter in a large frying pan and stir in the garlic, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Add shrimp and shake the pan to immerse the shrimp in butter, then sauté over medium−high heat for 4 to 5 minutes until they turn pink.
- Next, pour in the beer and stir for a further minute, then remove from the heat. Shell and devein the shrimp and arrange on a bed of rice.
- Pour the pan juices on top and garnish with chopped scallion.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)