Recipe: Nine Day Slaw
- 3 pounds of cabbage, shredded
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of dry mustard
- Mix the sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, and the dry mustard together in a sauc epan and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl mix the shredded cabbage, chopped green pepper, and the sliced o nions together and pour the hot liquid mixture over the vegetables.
- Mix well and place in the r efrigerator overnight. This slaw will “keep” for up to nine days.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)