Recipe: Onion Pie
- 1, 9-inch pie shell
- 1/4 cup of Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoon of sage
- 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Pierce the bottom of pie shell with fork. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool the pie shell completely.
- In a large pan on medium heat, heat the Italian dressing and butter add the onions and cook until the onions are tender.
- Fill the pie shell with the cheese and pour the onion mixture in. Meanwhile in a bowl beat the eggs, cream, sage, marjoram and pepper and pour over the onions.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: French