Recipe: Ostrich and Shrimp in Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 12 pieces of ostrich, sliced medallion size and then pounded
- into scaloppini
- 15−20 medium sized whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 bottle of dry white wine (preferably Chardonnay)
- 1 1/2 pints of heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 stick lightly salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Prepare ostrich and set aside. Place garlic cloves in the oven at 400F and bake until soft and brown (about 10−15 minutes).
- In sauce pot, melt butter and saute onion until onion is fully cooked (about 5 minutes). Add wine and allow to cook until dry over medium heat.
- When mixture has evaporated back down, add roasted garlic and puree.
- Place back on heat and slowly add cream, salt and pepper. Bring to slight boil and set aside.
- In separate pan, heat olive oil add ostrich, sear on both sides and set aside. Add shrimp and chicken stock to oil; saute until cooked. Add ostrich and sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)