- 4 pounds headless jumbo shrimp
- 1 lemon, divided
- 2 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely−chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Thoroughly wash shrimp. Peel and place side by side in glass baking dish, making sure shrimp are not on top of each other.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over shrimp. Slice remaining 1/2 lemon into 6 finely sliced pieces and place in baking dish. Melt butter.
- Finely chop garlic and place in butter. Add salt and chopped parsley to butter and garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle pepper over shrimp, then pour butter and garlic mixture over this. Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)