Recipe: Shrimp Amandine
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Hot cooked rice
- Marinate shrimp in olive oil and lemon juice about 2 hours.
- Remove shrimp, reserving sauce.
- Sauté shrimp in butter and garlic until pink.
- Remove garlic; place shrimp on warm platter; add almonds and reserved marinade to butter in skillet. Add hot sauce and wine.
- Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over platter of hot shrimp.
- Serve over mounds of rice.
- Serves 4.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)