Recipe: Shrimp Chowed With Garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and de−veined
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan over highest heat. Add oil, salt and garlic; toss for just a few seconds.
- Add shrimp and toss constantly until they all change to a bright orange color.
- Throw in the scallions and the sesame oil and toss for a few seconds.
- Add the sherry and cover the pan.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)