Recipe: Shrimp In Creamed Sauce
- 1 pound medium−size shrimp
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pickling sauce from a can of chipotle chiles
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Clean shrimp, leaving the tip of the tail on.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven and stir fry shrimp for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil, onion and tomatoes and stir fry 2 more minutes. Add cream.
- Mix mayonnaise with chipotle sauce and add to cooked shrimp. Sprinkle with cumin. Taste for seasoning. Serve over steamed white rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)