Recipe: Shrimp Jambalaya Hash
- 1 cup red potato, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large shrimp, peeled, de−veined, cut into 1/2−inch pieces
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, chorizo or other fully cooked
- smoked spiced sausage, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/2 inch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 scallions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In 1 1/2−quart saucepan, place potatoes and enough cold water to cover by 1 inch; boil 2 to 3 minutes, until partially cooked.
- Drain; transfer to paper towels and blot dry. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add shrimp; sauté 30 seconds, just until they start to turn pink but are still raw in middle.
- Remove with slotted spoon; transfer to small bowl. Add sausage and onion to skillet; sauté 6 minutes, until sausage and onion start to brown.
- Add potatoes, peppers and garlic; sauté 6 minutes, until vegetables begin to brown. Add shrimp and scallions; sauté 1 minute, until shrimp are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)