Recipe: Shrimp Opaloosas
- 1 pound shrimp (washed and seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 medium onion
- chopped 1 small green bell pepper
- chopped 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- melted 1 can beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- washed 1 pound Cajun or hot smoked sausage
- 1 pound Cajun or hot smoked sausage, cut into coin−shaped pieces .
- Place all ingredients into a rice cooker. Turn rice cooker on.
- Keep covered except to stir once in the middle of cooking cycle.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)