Recipe: Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- n a skillet, stir−fry broccoli and peppers in oil until tender. Add shrimp; stir−fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice. Yields 3 to 4 servings.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)