Recipe: Shrimp Thermidor
- 1/4 cup green onions or shallots, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons diced green pepper
- 3/4 cup fat−free half−and−half
- 4 slices Smart Beat fat−free cheese, cut in pieces
- 1 can (10 oz.) potato soup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with spray oil. Saute onion and pepper over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soup and half−and−half; heat slowly, stirring frequently.
- Bring to a gentle boil; add cheese pieces, lemon juice, spices and shrimp.
- Heat completely through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot over rice.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Mexican