Recipe: Sour Cream And Chive Potato Soup
- 3 cups of diced, peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- In large saucepan, combine the potatoes, celery, onion, water, chicken bouillon cubes, and the salt.
- Cover and coo k until the potatoes, onions, and celery are tender, or about 20 minutes. Do not overcook potatoes. They should be just tender, not mushy. Next, add 1 cup milk and heat through.
- In medium bowl, mix the sour cream, flour, chives and the remaining 1 cup milk. Gradually stir the sour cream mixture into the soup. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: USA (General)