Recipe: Tarragon Trout
- 2 trout with heads on (8−10 oz.)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine tarragon leaves and vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cool, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the marinade over the trout.
- Refrigerate for 3−4 hours.
- Cook the trout on a charcoal grill for 3 to 4 minutes brushing occasionally with marinade.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)