Recipe: Japanese Chicken
- 2 spring chickens
- 1/4 cup of chopped leeks
- 1/2 pint of Japanese sauce
- 1/2 cup of chrysanthemum flowers
- 2 chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of cocoanut juice
- Cut 2 spring chickens into pieces at the joints; season with salt, ginger, pepper and curry−powder and let fry in hot olive−oil until brown.
- Remove the chicken; add 1/4 cup of chopped leeks, 1/2 pint of Japanese sauce, 1/2 cup of chrysanthemum flowers, 2 chopped red peppers, some bamboo sprouts shaved thin and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and let cook ten minutes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce with 1 cup of cocoanut juice. Let all simmer until the chicken is tender. Serve on a platter with a border of cooked rice and garnish with fried parsley
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)