Recipe: Jewish Stewed Sweetbreads
- 1 small sliced onion
- 1 tablespoonful of flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of wine vinegar
- 1 bay−leaf
- 1/4 cup of seeded raisins
- 1 tablespoonful of brown sugar.
- Clean and parboil the sweetbreads; then fry 1 small sliced onion in hot fat until light brown.
- tir in 1 tablespoonful of flour; add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of wine vinegar; let boil up. Add 1 bay−leaf, a few cloves, 1/4 cup of seeded raisins, a few thin slices of lemon and chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and paprica to taste; add 1 tablespoonful of brown sugar. Let boil; add the sweetbreads and simmer until done. Serve cold.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)