Recipe: Oriental Pudding
- 1 large cup of milk
- 3 tablespoonfuls of butter
- 1 small cup of flour
- 1 teaspoonful of baking powder
- 4 well beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup of preserved ginger minced fine
- 2 tablespoonfuls of the
- Heat 1 large cup of milk and stir in 3 tablespoonfuls of butter; let boil up. Then stir in 1 small cup of flour sifted with 1 teaspoonful of baking−powder and a pinch of salt; stir until a smooth batter.
- Then remove from the fire and stir in 4 well−beaten eggs, 1/2 cup of preserved ginger minced fine and 2 tablespoonfuls of the syrup; mix thoroughly. Put into a well−buttered mold and let steam two hours. Serve hot with wine sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)