Recipe: Baked Banana Bliss
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 6 firm bananas
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Melt butter. Slice bananas lengthwise. Sauté quickly over high heat. Place 1/2 of bananas in buttered 8 x 8-inch dish.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar and cinnamon. Spread 1/2 of mixture over banana. Top with remaining bananas and spread with remaining cheese mix.
- Pour cream over top; bake in 375 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve cool garnished with whipped cream or warm over vanilla ice cream
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)