- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- About 2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of finely ground graham cr acker crumbs
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 1-6 ounce package of semi -sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 stick (4 ounce stick) of paraffin
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together thoroughly then add the graham cracker crumbs and coconut. Form into 1 inch balls. Melt the choc olate and paraffin in the top of a double boiler.
- Put toothpicks in the balls (this sometimes works better if the balls have be en in the refrigerator for several hours) and dip into the chocolate mixture leaving a patch uncovered at the top of the ball to look like a buckeye.
- Place on waxed paper until the chocolate has hardened. Keep refrigerated.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)