Recipe: Chocolate Brownie Trifle
- 2 brownie mixes — prepared as directed
- 2 containers Cool Whip — (16 oz each)
- 2 boxes chocolate mousse mix — prepared as directed
- 6 bars chocolate toffee bars such as Skor or Heath bars — ( 6 to 8 )
- 1 large chocolate bar — for chocolate shavings
- Freeze the chocolate toffee bars and chocolate bar. Bake two packages of brownie mixes according to package directions. Let cool.
- While brownies are baking, mix two packages of the mousse mix according to package directions. Let chill in refrigerator. After brownies have cooled, crush the brownies until they are crumbly. Put a layer of brownies in the trifle or glass bowl.
- Next, put a layer of chocolate mousse on top, being sure to spread it evenly over the brownies. Spread the whipped topping on top of the mousse. Take the toffee bars out of the freezer and crush them. Sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars on top of the whipped topping. Continue layering in this way until you finish with a layer of whipped topping. Take the chocolate bar from the freezer and use a vegetable peeler to peel some chocolate curls from the chocolate bar.
- Sprinkle the chocolate curls on top of the whipped topping. If you have any toffee pieces left you can sprinkle those on top too. Keep refrigerated.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)